Refine Journal Entry

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
Spencer_Wing

Refine Journal Entry

Post by Spencer_Wing »

Hello! I noticed that the Journal Entry function on LDS.org seems to be a little too simple for my liking. I would love to be able to format my journal entries in simple ways. I suggest the following:

The ability to create bullet points.
The ability to create Headings and subheadings (or change font size).
The ability to indent and space out paragraphs for easier review.
Allowing more than 650 words.

Personally I would like to use this feature to take notes on my topical study sessions, but it's too difficult to organize my thoughts in a way that's easy to review. Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Refine Journal Entry

Post by jdlessley »

This is a user to user forum. We can do little to nothing to get changes made. We can discuss it, but that is it. I suggest you use the feedback link found on LDS.org to submit your suggestions. It will get routed to the appropriate individual or team for consideration.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
joness59

Post by joness59 »

When I use the LDS Gospel Library app on my iPad, I am able to format my notes with bullet points. When I go to LDS.org and open my Notes I can still see the Notes with bullet points but in the web version I am unable to insert new bullet points and edit my formatting. If you have a mobile device and can install the Gospel Library app, you might have better luck in creating/formatting your notes. I do wish the web version would allow the same formatting capability
stepsmit

Post by stepsmit »

I can't offer any help, but was wondering how you are seeing your Gospel Library notes in your lds.org version. I do not see them. Nor, do I see by LDS.org notes in the Gospel library app. Frustrating. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

stepsmit wrote:I can't offer any help, but was wondering how you are seeing your Gospel Library notes in your lds.org version. I do not see them. Nor, do I see by LDS.org notes in the Gospel library app. Frustrating. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.
The only ways that can happen are:

1. You're using different user accounts to log into LDS.org vs Gospel Library

2. You're not logging in / synchronizing in the Gospel Library app. (You can use this app without entering credentials, in which case all the highlights / notes are local. If you enter your login information later, in the app settings, the system will sync. I think if there are conflicts, LDS.org will trump.)

3. Something is very wrong.

FWIW,

Liz
stepsmit

Post by stepsmit »

Holy Smokes. I must be an idiot. It worked. Thank you. Thank you for your help. I never new that there was an option to "sign in" with Gospel Library. Just did it and it synced everything. You have know idea how much I appreciate this.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

stepsmit wrote:Holy Smokes. I must be an idiot. It worked. Thank you. Thank you for your help. I never new that there was an option to "sign in" with Gospel Library. Just did it and it synced everything. You have know idea how much I appreciate this.
Glad to help, stepsmit. And, no, you're not an idiot, someone just needed to let you know this option was out there.

Liz

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”