What should be used for "Conference location" for officers sustained form (ward conference)?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sasgrw

What should be used for "Conference location" for officers sustained form (ward conference)?

Post by sasgrw »

In preparing for ward conference, I'm printing the "officers sustained" report (from LCR) for the stake clerk. The first field is "Conference location". It's not clear what that should be. I can think of three things:

1. ward name
2. building name
3. city name

Perhaps that's a stake preference and I should ask the stake clerk? The resulting report will say "The annual conference of the [ward name] of the [stake name] of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, held at [location], on [date]."

The "held at [location]" is what I'm asking about. Since the ward name is mentioned earlier in the sentence, I think #1 can be eliminated. Both #2 and #3 make grammatical sense so I wasn't sure which one to choose.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: What should be used for "Conference location" for officers sustained form (ward conference)?

Post by aebrown »

sasgrw wrote:In preparing for ward conference, I'm printing the "officers sustained" report (from LCR) for the stake clerk. The first field is "Conference location". It's not clear what that should be. I can think of three things:

1. ward name
2. building name
3. city name

Perhaps that's a stake preference and I should ask the stake clerk? The resulting report will say "The annual conference of the [ward name] of the [stake name] of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, held at [location], on [date]."

The "held at [location]" is what I'm asking about. Since the ward name is mentioned earlier in the sentence, I think #1 can be eliminated. Both #2 and #3 make grammatical sense so I wasn't sure which one to choose.
I don't think it matters all that much whether you choose #2 or #3. But in our stake we have simply used the "City, State" approach, e.g., "held at Salt Lake City, Utah...."
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: What should be used for "Conference location" for officers sustained form (ward conference)?

Post by sbradshaw »

The city/state seems more useful to me, from a historical perspective, because it means something outside the stake. In most cases, a building name is only known within the stake. You could actually put the building name, city name, and state in the field.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What, no GPS coordinates? :mrgreen:

(OK, I'm up past my bedtime....)

I guess you could use the building name and include city/state. That would identify a location while still having meaning outside of the stake. The downside is that it does get kinda long. On the upside, it's nice to have a record of where that ward was meeting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nikk3hi3tala

Post by nikk3hi3tala »

Now when the form is filled in LCR, the instructions for the location says "The conference location is the address of the building where the conference is being held. "

I also noticed that the new Finnish translation of the form makes the first paragraph (which mentions the location and time) unreadable. In MLS it was better.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”