Password expiration

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
nielstev

Password expiration

Post by nielstev »

I understood that my password would need to be changed regularly. I think that time has passed, but I am not sure. Is there somewhere I can see how long my password will be valid?
eblood66

Re: Password expiration

Post by eblood66 »

Unless you are a church employee or you are involved with the church educational system (seminary or institute teacher for instance), then you probably won't have to change your password. I've heard some reports that bishops have to change their passwords every 90 days but I'm not sure that is accurate or not. It's also possible that some church service missionaries may be considered part of the church workforce and may have to change their passwords but I think that depends on the particular mission.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Password expiration

Post by sbradshaw »

If the time has passed, then you won't be able to log in. So, since you're posting here, it looks like you're not locked out of your account. :) You should receive a few email warnings before being locked out (make sure your email address is up-to-date).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”