PASSWORD RESET PAGE *EXPERIENCING ERRORS*

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
awfletch

PASSWORD RESET PAGE *EXPERIENCING ERRORS*

Post by awfletch »

I've been attempting to help a member reset her password, and have been unsuccessful, on multiple devices, in multiple locations, and always get to the last step, and am unable to finalize the last step to reset the password. Just a heads-up * plz fix soon :) thanks!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: PASSWORD RESET PAGE *EXPERIENCING ERRORS*

Post by lajackson »

What is the error message?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Have you tried different browsers?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GregoryMhumphreys

Post by GregoryMhumphreys »

I am experiencing the same problem for my mothers account, its driving me nuts!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

GregoryMhumphreys wrote:I am experiencing the same problem for my mothers account, its driving me nuts!
But what exactly happens? What is the error message?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
endoian

Post by endoian »

No error is given. When you hit the "set password" button after entering the new password, nothing happens. I've tried on three devices today (android tablet, ipad, PC) in Chrome and IE. Same result each time. It has no response on the last step. No error message given.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

endoian wrote:No error is given. When you hit the "set password" button after entering the new password, nothing happens.
What password recovery option are (were) you using?

There are four recovery options for members and three for nonmembers. The first three, Mobile Phone, E-mail: [primary e-mail], and E-mail; [alternate e-mail], send a message to the specified device or address with further instructions or a link. Only the first three are available to nonmembers. Nothing will appear in the browser for those first three recovery options. You will need to check for a text message on your mobile phone or for an e-mail message if you use one of those for your recovery option. This can be problematic if you have changed your mobile phone number after you created the account using a previous mobile phone number or the registered e-mail address(es) have also changed.

If you think the registered mobile telephone number or the registered e-mail address(es) have changed since you registered the account then you will need to contact LDS Account support and have them work with you to recover your password.

The recovery option using the Membership Record Number (MRN) is the only option you will be able to continue on the current browser window session.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”