says membership # already exists

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
sydstaker@gmail.com

says membership # already exists

Post by sydstaker@gmail.com »

I am trying to add me membership # to my account so I can access all the sites, but an error keeps showing that either my birthday is wrong or my membership # already exists. Now what? I cannot do anything without this problem solved. I have double checked my # and I know my own bday, so now what?
eblood66

Re: says membership # already exists

Post by eblood66 »

First check with your ward clerk to verify your record number (if you're using the one written on a temple recommend it could have been written wrong) and to verify that your birth date is correctly recorded on your membership record.

Assuming there is no problem with either of those, then you probably have another account already setup. Several sites (like FamilySearch.org or mormon.org) all use the LDS account and you might have created an account on one of them. Go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and select the 'forgot user' link. Then use the MRN option to recover the other account that is already using your membership number. Once you have that you can also recover the password if necessary.

Return to “Church Account”