Missionary support

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
carlscpa

Missionary support

Post by carlscpa »

We have a member of another ward contributing to support a missionary from our ward by making donations to our ward. He is incorrectly entered as a "Non member" in our computer instead of a "member in another ward". He would like this changed to "member in another ward" and add his membership record number because he would like his donations to be printed out in our ward. I have not been able to do this. Please let me know if this is possible and how to do so. I suggested he go online to obtain a record of all his donations, but since the donations were not made in our ward using his membership record number, it would apparently not be a part of the online record. Thanks for your help.
eblood66

Re: Missionary support

Post by eblood66 »

I believe you should be able to just edit the donor record. Use the Finance > Add/Update Donors menu option, find his entry and click on it. You should be able to change the member type to 'Member of another unit' and then enter his membership number.

If that doesn't work then try creating a new donor record (on the same screen) using the correct member type and membership number. Then use the Merge Donor button to merge the non-member record into the correct member record.
carlscpa

Post by carlscpa »

I tried the first method and couldn't get it to work. I think the 2nd method will work. Thanks for the quick response.
carlscpa

Post by carlscpa »

I followed your advice and used the transfer method and it worked great. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”