Creating a new Ward unit

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
Texan

Creating a new Ward unit

Post by Texan »

Our unit was created in January and it's the first time that I had to use LCR. I just wanted to share a couple of things with everyone. First things first, LRC goes live the minute you hit save. Don't start putting thing into LCR before they are sustained in sacrament meeting. I have found that the spreadsheet attached came in handy to get the bulk of your major calling sorted out. Please enjoy.
Attachments
Calling for new wards.xlsx
(40.38 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
jbuhl68

Re: Creating a new Ward unit

Post by jbuhl68 »

Sometimes boundary changes result in the creation of three units from an original of two units. With the Boundary Proposals task having been migrated from MLS to LCR, has anyone noted the addition of a list of tasks related to the creation of a new unit?
As a stake clerk, I would like to get some items done or underway prior to the actual Sunday of the new bishopric and ward being sustained - for example, new computers and equipment along with stationery and donation forms must be ordered, activity night and sacrament meeting times must be determined and scheduled. budget allowances should be calculated and set, and the list goes on.
So, is there a checklist of what Church HQ does and what the stake needs to do? Certainly, for new stake clerks, such a checklist could make the process more efficient and less stressful for all concerned. Thanks for any direction that can be provided.
Texan

Post by Texan »

I have not come across anything like this. I have created my own list and shared it with the stake.
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

Thanks for the reply
dnstevenson

Post by dnstevenson »

Texan wrote:I have not come across anything like this. I have created my own list and shared it with the stake.
We are preparing for a new ward. Any chance you could share your checklist here?

Thanks.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

dnstevenson wrote:
Texan wrote:I have not come across anything like this. I have created my own list and shared it with the stake.
We are preparing for a new ward. Any chance you could share your checklist here?

Thanks.
I second this request. I am again in a stake assistant clerk position helping a new stake clerk. Last time I worked on a ward division, it was an all paper process and included a clear checklist. With much of it online now, we could use some help making sure we accomplish all of the needed tasks as quickly as possible.
Texan

Post by Texan »

Sorry brothern

I did see this till know. I will post the check list later tonight.
Texan

Post by Texan »

Here is the check list

I have also included some other items that we use.
Attachments
Check List for new wards.docx
(13.49 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
Southmoor Reinburstment Envelope.docx
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Southmoor New move in form.docx
(60.49 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Southmoor calling form.docx
(14.41 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Southmoor Walfare.docx
(21.09 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”