19 Months of missionary charges for sister in ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dsallred

19 Months of missionary charges for sister in ward

Post by dsallred »

A sister missionary from our ward was charged for a 19th month on her mission and the family doesn't think this should have happened. I have verified the charge was made. How do I, as the ward clerk, find out why this seemingly extra charge was made?
eblood66

Re: 19 Months of missionary charges for sister in ward

Post by eblood66 »

I'd first check to make sure her mission wasn't extended by a month. In LCR under Organizations > Full Time Missionaries it should show her start and end date. If she served 19 months (or within a week of 19 months) then the extra charge is probably correct. If not, then you should call LUS and they should be able to fix the problem or at least explain what happened.
dsallred

Post by dsallred »

She served an extra 20 days past the 18 month mark. Does that fit within the parameters of being charged an additional month?
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Looks like it was closer to a 19-month mission than an 18-month mission. The extra month of financial support seems to be correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dsallred wrote:She served an extra 20 days past the 18 month mark. Does that fit within the parameters of being charged an additional month?
Check with LUS, but I'd think 2/3 of a month would be right close to an extra month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dsallred

Post by dsallred »

Is there a phone number to call LUS?
dsallred

Post by dsallred »

Just spoke with someone at LUS and they said that any time a missionary serves more than 15 days past their original 18 or 24 month mark, they charge for another month. Thanks all for the counsel!

Return to “Local Unit Finance”