Export reports to files other than PDF

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dalewebb

Export reports to files other than PDF

Post by dalewebb »

I am a ward clerk that also does the weekly bulletin. I have been asked to insert a birthday list in the bulletin each week. I just spent 2.5 hours trying to convert the birthday list "provided" by LDS.org into a list that I can work with to insert into the bulletin. I may not be very bright, but I have Adobe Acrobat to deal with PDFs. Unfortunately, the format (double lines and shading) wreaks havoc with the Acrobat text recognition function and all I get is gibberish. Why, oh why, can't the Church facilitate use of these lists by priesthood leadership allowing export to Word or Excel instead of interfering at every turn?
DW
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Export reports to files other than PDF

Post by russellhltn »

dalewebb wrote:Why, oh why, can't the Church facilitate use of these lists by priesthood leadership allowing export to Word or Excel instead of interfering at every turn?
Probably because the church is getting tired of getting sued when leaders mishandle the information.

I think it would be worth reviewing Handbook 1: 13.8, Confidentiality of Records to see if this is such a good idea. At one time, that was a friendly thing to do. But in this era of privacy concerns and identity theft, I'm not so sure as it would be a good idea. Particularly to do that with ALL members regardless of their feelings on the matter. At the very minimum, I think I'd leave off the date and simply say they're having a birthday this week.

I'd also point out that it's one thing to acknowledge a person verbally, but another to put it in writing where it may last an unknown period or fall into unknown hands.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”