Membership updates with no name?

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
lomondview

Membership updates with no name?

Post by lomondview »

Received an urgent message in MLS; "new TEMPLE info from Church HQ created," and "new LANGUAGE info from Church HQ created."

There was no name of a member nor membership record number.

?
Biggles

Re: Membership updates with no name?

Post by Biggles »

I received those messages, earlier in the week, but have chosen to ignore them. Without further information those messages aren't of any use.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It could be an update to MLS tables to add new temples that are now open and languages that are available and may not have anything to do with any specific member of your unit. If it is just a notification that it was done and not requesting you to take action, I agree with Biggles that you can ignore it.

However, this is just a guess on my part as I don't know the inner workings of MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:It could be an update to MLS tables to add new temples that are now open and languages that are available and may not have anything to do with any specific member of your unit.
That would be my guess as well.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

davesudweeks wrote:It could be an update to MLS tables to add new temples that are now open and languages that are available and may not have anything to do with any specific member of your unit.
Yes, that is a new download of general information for MLS, not anything to do with an individual member.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davesudweeks wrote:It could be an update to MLS tables to add new temples that are now open and languages that are available and may not have anything to do with any specific member of your unit. If it is just a notification that it was done and not requesting you to take action, I agree with Biggles that you can ignore it.
This is correct. To be specific, there was a new temple (Provo City Center) dedicated last week and we had some adjustments to the language table that were made at the same time. These messages indicate that MLS received that data. You can safely ignore them.

I believe there is still one more language change coming shortly.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”