Out of Unit Access

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
zarecor

Out of Unit Access

Post by zarecor »

Hi, my Stake has a ward that is meeting in a building in a different stake.

Is there a way that my stake's members can access the hosting stake's calendar and organization rooster through LDS.org?
eblood66

Re: Out of Unit Access

Post by eblood66 »

There is no way to do that for the entire membership of your stake. One member (or possibly a few) could be given access if the other stake gives them a standard calling in that stake. And anyone with access to CDOL (stake presidency, bishoprics, stake and ward clerks, and executive secretaries) can see the main stake and ward leaders for the other stake there (just as they can for any stake).

Also the ward that meets in the other building can be given access (and if the FM group has set up building assignments correctly should already have access) to the building in the calendar system. This will allow them to see events that are scheduled in that building and will allow them to schedule events in the building. If the other stake is using the calendar for scheduling then this should usually be sufficient to coordinate access to the building.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zarecor wrote:Is there a way that my stake's members can access the hosting stake's calendar and organization rooster through LDS.org?
If FM has set up the meeting location correctly in their database, then you should already see that building in the calendar. You may not be able to see the actual events, but if you activate the building location, you'll be able to see what times the other stake is using the building. (Assuming they are using the calendar system properly.) The calendar system will not allow two events for the same room regardless of who is scheduling them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zarecor

Post by zarecor »

I just tried scheduling an event for that building and was not able to see conflicts until I tried to reserve a time. At that point, the system told me there was a conflict, but not what unit the conflict was with. Is this a set up issue with the other Stake or is it how the system is currently functioning?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zarecor wrote:I just tried scheduling an event for that building and was not able to see conflicts until I tried to reserve a time. At that point, the system told me there was a conflict, but not what unit the conflict was with. Is this a set up issue with the other Stake or is it how the system is currently functioning?
Do you have the calendar for the facility turned on? That is, a checkbox next to the name of the building? If it's not checked, then you'll only see events you are subscribed to - and that won't include other wards or stakes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”