Study mode problems

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
davidandrekoch

Study mode problems

Post by davidandrekoch »

When highlighting text, adding notes or tags, the Gospel Library app works much better than lds.org. I have great difficulty highlighting text and saving notes or tags using LDS.org. I would be interested to know if others are having the same experience or if I am missing something. It makes sense that the official website should work as good or better than an app.
dideyjohn

Re: Study mode problems

Post by dideyjohn »

i highlighted just today and had no problem you seledting a color before you highlight?
dswebb

Post by dswebb »

I don't have problems highlighting any more but do have problems assigning a notebook once I highlight. I try to assign a notebook and no matter which book of scriptures I am in, it always goes to "unassigned items" even though I click on a specific notebook. This is a recent glitch - have you experience this too?
janellehale4

Post by janellehale4 »

Yes, I have experienced this as well. My work around is, if I do not already have a Notebook created (that I want to put the journal entry into), I create the Notebook I want. Then I highlight the scripture. Click on "add note/tag". Once I get the pop up menu on the page, I write something in the top box, tag the entry "journal". In the "Add to: " prompt, I put the note/tag in "Unassigned Items". Then I click "Save" . In "My Account and Ward" I click on "Notes" . I look at the Notebook "Unassigned Items" and click on it. I find the item I just added. Then I click "Edit". "In Notebooks:" I click on the notebook I already created and change the tag if I desire. Click "Save". I hope this helps.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”