GPS Download?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
sdtaulbee

GPS Download?

Post by sdtaulbee »

I wrote an app that used the GPS download info on my local machine. With the new Ward Map, how do I get that functionality? Where is it now?

Thanks.

Shaun Taulbee
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: GPS Download?

Post by sbradshaw »

You can use the 3x3 grid of squares icon in the lower right corner to switch to the classic map view to get the older functionality.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When I bring up the classic map, my ward boundaries show but no member icons. When I click the green box to see my ward members, it bounces back to the new map.

Any known workaround to get a gps download for our missionaries?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I suspect you're out of luck on this as the trend is for downloads to go away as they can be abused. The missionaries are going to have to go to the map themselves on their iPads. If they have a problem with that, then they should escalate the situation within their mission. The mission president probably has more pull with CHQ than a stake president.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I suspected as much. Our mission does not have iPads. They were telling me today that one of the other wards in our building was able to accomplish this for them, but I don't see how that is possible.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:Our mission does not have iPads
All the more reason to report this to their mission president. If tools are being taken away, he needs to know about it.

davesudweeks wrote:They were telling me today that one of the other wards in our building was able to accomplish this for them, but I don't see how that is possible.
It might be worth going over and talking to them. Perhaps they found something. Or perhaps this was only recently turned off. I don't remember seeing the "new" ward member on a map before, so I suspect it was done quite recently.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kmoser82

Post by kmoser82 »

sbradshaw wrote:You can use the 3x3 grid of squares icon in the lower right corner to switch to the classic map view to get the older functionality.
That is no longer working for me. The option will flash on the screen while the page loads before going to the newer looking view again.
dongurr

Post by dongurr »

Is the Maps Download feature gone permanently? I hope not. I have been using that information for years.
WWS36

Post by WWS36 »

The GPS and the .csv file download features were SO helpful. You could sort the ward by Street, the way we live, and it was so helpful to the missionaries. I hope they come back. Lately so many tools are being turned off. What's up? :?:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

WWS36 wrote:Lately so many tools are being turned off. What's up? :?:
Lately, many downloads have been turned off. Some of them have been specifically for protecting data. We have not been told why the others disappeared.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”