Incorrect Marriage Information

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kbhuffaker

Incorrect Marriage Information

Post by kbhuffaker »

Hi,

I have a sister in my ward who has been a member since July 29, 2000. Her current records show her as being single. She was married Dec. 12, 2014 to her current husband who was just baptized. Her husbands records show her as his wife. However, when I try and update this sisters marriage records I get this error message, "The spouse is currently married to another person. You must terminate that marriage before recording this marriage." As I mentioned, her current record shows her as the Head of House and not married. Please guide me through he steps I need t make in order to correct this record.

Thanks.
eblood66

Re: Incorrect Marriage Information

Post by eblood66 »

You maybe able to correct this by going to the husbands record and editing the existing marriage. Make sure to enter that the spouse is a member, her correct birth date and membership record number. After saving and doing a send/receive (possibly twice with somewhat of a wait in between) it should update the wife's record record as well.

If all the spouse information is already correct on the husband's record then you'll probably need to send a Special Request and ask Local Unit Support to link the wife's record to her husbands.
kbhuffaker

Post by kbhuffaker »

Thanks for the reply. I'm not able to edit the Current Spouse information. It is grayed out. How do I send a Special Request to ask Local Unit Support to link the wife's record to her husbands?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Select Membership > Records > Special Requests from the menu. Alternatively you can just call Local Unit Support.

Return to “Membership Help”