Excommunicated Membership record

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
spence46

Excommunicated Membership record

Post by spence46 »

Where can I find the membership record for a member who was previously excommunicated but is now in the process of being baptized?

I have his full name and DOB but can't find the membership record.
eblood66

Re: Excommunicated Membership record

Post by eblood66 »

You won't be able to find the membership record until the re-baptism is processed by church headquarters. See Handbook 1 section 6.13.3.

That section says that the record of baptism and confirmation should be submitted with the report from the disciplinary council. But I'm not sure how that works with the electronic system. I never had one of those when I was ward clerk. I'd presume that the system would request the baptism, confirmation and possible ordination information as part of the process.

If you just need the person's member record NUMBER then that should be part of the report of the original disciplinary council which should be been obtained before holding the readmission council.
mfmohlma

Re: Excommunicated Membership record

Post by mfmohlma »

eblood66 wrote:That section says that the record of baptism and confirmation should be submitted with the report from the disciplinary council. But I'm not sure how that works with the electronic system. I never had one of those when I was ward clerk. I'd presume that the system would request the baptism, confirmation and possible ordination information as part of the process.
Your presumption is correct.
eblood66 wrote: If you just need the person's member record NUMBER then that should be part of the report of the original disciplinary council which should be been obtained before holding the readmission council.
Correct. You can request those minutes on LCR under "Membership"->"Confidential"->"Request Minutes or Documents". Note that that page says
Membership Record Number is not required if birth date is supplied.
The minutes will be snail-mailed to the stake president. The person's membership number is at the bottom of the first page as a "Document ID". You can then use record a Reconvened Council menu option with that member number to start the process.

Return to “Membership Help”