Cannot change mother/daughter account email address

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
christineka

Cannot change mother/daughter account email address

Post by christineka »

My teenage daughter has her email address set to be the same email address as mine in our LDS accounts. Several times I have tried to change my daughter's email address to be her actual email address, but get an error message saying that parent and child may not have the same email address. Um, except it won't let us have different email addresses! Familysearch is starting to email people temple ordinance hints and I'd like her to get these emails for herself.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot change mother/daughter account email address

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you trying to change it? In ldsaccount.lds.org, or in the directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
christineka

Post by christineka »

in the lds account.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try changing it in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cycurry1111

Post by cycurry1111 »

I successfully changed it in the directory, but I still cannot change it in the account.
cycurry1111

Post by cycurry1111 »

Oops- this is my daughter's account. Same person writing right now, though.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cycurry1111 wrote:I successfully changed it in the directory, but I still cannot change it in the account.
It should propagate to the LDS Account as well. Give it some time and check again. I'm not sure how long that takes. Maybe up to 24 hours.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

At one time the two emails (account and directory) were separate, but they were combined a little bit ago. So I'd expect it to be the same, but it may take some time for things to sync up.

Return to “Church Account”