Membership Record-error entering

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
andersopat

Membership Record-error entering

Post by andersopat »

When I try to enter my membership record number, it says it is wrong or already assigned. I have not entered in an account name that I know of or remember. If it is associated with other accounts (read in a post it could be associated with family history accounts), I have lost access to my old email account and I think it (email account) was deleted, so I cannot get a recovery password. What can I do to get the membership record number re-assigned to my current email address now?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Membership Record-error entering

Post by jdlessley »

It is very likely you have another LDS Account account. Go to the LDS Account signin page and click he "forgot your username or password" link. Select "Membership Record Number (MRN)", fill in the MRN and Birth date, and click the "Recover" button.

Once you have the username for the account associated with your MRN you can click on the "Recover your Password" button. Enter the user name and click the "Recover" button. Use the "MRN and Birth Date" option when prompted with "Please choose how to recover your password." You will then be prompted to change the password.

Once you have recovered the username and changed the password for the account associated with your MRN, log onto the LDS Account using the username and password for the recovered account and edit the Contact Settings and Security Settings with current information.

You will have to contact LDS Account Support to have the second LDS Account that does not have your MRN deleted or merged with the LDS Account you just recovered. Contact LDS Account Support here and check the box for "I have reviewed the LDS Account Support page and did not find an answer to my question.".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”