Change a person to be head of the household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
knorseth

Change a person to be head of the household

Post by knorseth »

How do I change a person in the MLS from a member of the family to be head of the house? The request is for a couple of reasons, but the driving factor is to have the person set up to receive their own home teachers.

Thanks
eblood66

Re: Change a person to be head of the household

Post by eblood66 »

knorseth wrote:How do I change a person in the MLS from a member of the family to be head of the house? The request is for a couple of reasons, but the driving factor is to have the person set up to receive their own home teachers.

Thanks
Find the household under Membership > Household Record. Click the 'Remove' link next to the person. Select 'Make a new household, and assign member as head' and click OK.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

knorseth wrote:How do I change a person in the MLS from a member of the family to be head of the house? The request is for a couple of reasons, but the driving factor is to have the person set up to receive their own home teachers.
I assume you mean to make someone (a child) the head of their own household. Otherwise they will not be getting "their own home teachers".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kstall

Post by kstall »

Is it possible to do it on the browser remotely? I find g many of our singles are not set as head of household and can not be included as part of our statistics.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kstall wrote:Is it possible to do it on the browser remotely?
To make a member a head of household other than by moving their membership record can only be done in MLS currently. This feature us not yet available in LCR.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kstall wrote:Is it possible to do it on the browser remotely? I find g many of our singles are not set as head of household and can not be included as part of our statistics.
Note that moving an adult single member still living at home is a bishop's prerogative. Any changes should be done with his approval as it does have some affect on things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jdlessley wrote:To make a member a head of household other than by moving their membership record can only be done in MLS currently. This feature us not yet available in LCR.
Not true. It must be done in LCR now. On a member's "Household" tab, click the "Change Household" button.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:Not true. It must be done in LCR now.
Probably due to the Mar 15 release of LCR. I think what jdlessley wrote was correct - on the day he wrote it. :D (For those not on the LCR beta)

Such is progress. (Not that I'm complaining, mind you....)

mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote: Probably due to the Mar 15 release of LCR. I think what jdlessley wrote was correct - on the day he wrote it. :D (For those not on the LCR beta)
:D I don't think so. I've been able to do this for a while and I don't think we've been on the beta this time around. I guess arguing about when it changed is pointless for me to do now anyway. :lol:
russellhltn wrote: (Not that I'm complaining, mind you....)
Nor am I. :)

Return to “Membership Help”