LDS Maps API?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
faazshift

LDS Maps API?

Post by faazshift »

So, I was recently called as the Ward Statistical Clerk. I would like to make my job easier by automatically generating certain aspects of the reports. I am only wondering if there is an already existing API in place for LDS Maps. If there is, it will make my job all that much easier. Any insights?
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

faazshift wrote:So, I was recently called as the Ward Statistical Clerk. I would like to make my job easier by automatically generating certain aspects of the reports. I am only wondering if there is an already existing API in place for LDS Maps. If there is, it will make my job all that much easier. Any insights?

There is a maps API, more specifically one or more web services linked to the LDS maps application. But like other web APIs, these tools are available only to developers working on church-approved projects.

Some data from the LDS maps applications is downloadable, however. The geocoded members addresses are downloadable as CSV files, and the unit boundaries are downloadable as KMZ files.
faazshift

Post by faazshift »

Thank you! I have figured out the direction I need to go with this. Now, on to the coding. This will be fun!
rglafleur

Re: LDS Maps API?

Post by rglafleur »

I am doing something similar but as a capstone project for my masters. What is the direction you ended up going?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”