Inconsistent highlighting in manuals

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
marykozy

Inconsistent highlighting in manuals

Post by marykozy »

Last year when teaching New Testament in Gospel Doctrine, I usually had no problem highlighting text in the teacher's manual (though my issues may have started at the end of the year). With Book of Mormon this year, when I try to highlight text in the teacher's manual, I only get a menu with Copy, Share, Define and Search on my iPad running iOS9.2.1. Anyone else having this problem? I loved being able to highlight things I wanted to focus on and now that capability appears to be gone.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Inconsistent highlighting in manuals

Post by aebrown »

This certainly sounds like the problem described in this post, which is a long-standing issue that affects certain content such as bulleted lists.

If so, then it is not a new problem, as you surmise, but rather a problem that only affects certain content, and so you are noticing it now because you happen to be trying to highlight some text that has the problem.
marykozy

Post by marykozy »

Thank you! I searched for previous content, but as this is my first foray onto these boards, I obviously didn't get the search terms quite right. I appreciate you pointing this out. :)
bretalvey

Post by bretalvey »

I am having the same issues with highlighting certain text. It is not all bulleted items. Have the developers addressed it and any fix in?
galorath

Post by galorath »

I understand the next version fixes that issue. THere is an alpha available but any notes put into it will be lost so I havnt spent any time with it. I assume a developer will give a more complete answer.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Gospel Library 4.0 will deliver content in a new HTML5-based format, which will allow any text to be highlighted, including bullets, titles, etc.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”