Indexing sign in

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Walk2Zion

Indexing sign in

Post by Walk2Zion »

Hi, I keep trying to log in to index, but it says my user name and password are incorrect. I can get in to Family Search and LDS.org with any problems. What is my problem in indexing - any ideas??

Thank you,
Cheryl
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Indexing sign in

Post by russellhltn »

Are there any odd characters in your password? The app might not be handling it properly.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Walk2Zion

Post by Walk2Zion »

No, there are not any odd characteristics. It is very frustrating since I can get into Family Search. I need to learn as much as I can about indexing for an upcoming conference that we are having in our Stake. I am supposed to help people that come to index. Is there anything that I need to do. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Where are you going to log in? If it's an app, it might be out of date or having a problem. If it's a page, it might be an old page or not agreeing with something in your browser.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Walk2Zion wrote:Hi, I keep trying to log in to index, but it says my user name and password are incorrect. I can get in to Family Search and LDS.org with any problems. What is my problem in indexing - any ideas??
FamilySearch Indexing is still a separate program on your computer. If you have forgotten your login and password, or if the Indexing program does not accept your LDS Account, you would probably best contact the help desk at FamilySearch.

If you changed your LDS Account password recently, it may take some time to roll through to the Indexing program, or there may have been a problem behind the scenes and they did not synchronize.

Return to “Church Account”