Lynda.com Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
aforrest

Lynda.com Account

Post by aforrest »

A few weeks ago I started some tutorials on Lynda.com. I accessed the tutorials with my LDS account. Now when I sign in, I get a login error. I've attached an image of what result I receive. How can I gain access to Lynda.com again?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-11 at 3.22.44 PM.png
(502.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Lynda.com Account

Post by lajackson »

aforrest wrote:A few weeks ago I started some tutorials on Lynda.com. I accessed the tutorials with my LDS account. Now when I sign in, I get a login error. I've attached an image of what result I receive. How can I gain access to Lynda.com again?
Since you are using your LDS Account to access the tutorial, it would probably be easiest if you contacted the Church help desk to get this one sorted out. There is probably some interrelationship in accessing the tutorial site and they would probably best be able to help you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe that Lynda.com is provided for Church employees, and possibly others (such as service missionaries) who might have access to the workforce site (home.ldschurch.org) or have an @ldschurch.org email address. Are you a Church employee?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Looking into it further, I wonder if the Church's license for Linda.com expired or was canceled. I'm not able to find any links that work to Lynda.com from home.ldschurch.org. Maybe Lynda.com's terms and conditions or pricing changed. Also, as of late 2015, BYU no longer gives access to Lynda.com.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:Looking into it further, I wonder if the Church's license for Linda.com expired or was canceled. I'm not able to find any links that work to Lynda.com from home.ldschurch.org. Maybe Lynda.com's terms and conditions or pricing changed. Also, as of late 2015, BYU no longer gives access to Lynda.com.
Perhaps I have different permissions from you, but I don't see any change at all. I am a Church employee (FamilySearch), and I can go to the Learning Center from home.ldschurch.org. There I have one Lynda.com course I am already enrolled in, and I can continue it. I also was able to start a new course with no difficulty. There are still over 4,000 Lynda.com courses available to me.

I have no knowledge of BYU's status regarding Lynda.com, but the Learning Center on home.ldschurch.org is still fully integrated with Lynda.com and works as it always has for me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm noticing that OP is not showing up as a member (much less as an employee) on my end. That would most certainly cause problems if they're trying to use that same account to access Lynda.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rachelkanahele

Post by rachelkanahele »

Has anyone figured this issue out yet? I tried logging into Lynda.com again, and still am getting the error message. I am not an employee for the church, unless BYU-Idaho counts.

Return to “Church Account”