MLS vs LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

MLS vs LCR

Post by zaneclark »

I am making a presentation at our stake Priesthood Leadership meeting Sunday and wanted to make sure I have all the answers... I need to know what is still available only in MLS... I know that recording ordinances and printing certificates is still only in MLS and Custom Reports. According to the release notes, Finance is now available in LCR but I can't seem to access it. What else is only in MLS and what else should I tell them?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS vs LCR

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:According to the release notes, Finance is now available in LCR
You can view finances. But all operations is still in MLS.

There's a number of membership functions are that only in MLS. I think changing the "Household name" is one of them.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

This is all grouped under "recording ordinances," but to be more specific, here are some of the ordinances that can currently only be recorded in MLS:
– Recording a new child of record (such as after a baby blessing) and printing a certificate
– Recording a baptism and confirmation for an 8-year-old and printing a certificate
– Recording Aaronic Priesthood ordinations and printing a certificate
– Recording Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations and printing a certificate

Additionally, as mentioned by russellhltn,
– Editing or recording anything to do with finances: budget categories, expenses, donations, transfers
– Edit household members and household name

Miscellaneous other things:
– Custom reports
– Changing the 4-character abbreviation for your unit that shows up above your column in the stake quarterly report (I don't remember for sure, but I believe this is only in the stake MLS)
– Printing a full directory sorted by household (coming in the next release of LCR)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Also recording marriages, divorces and deaths.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

sbradshaw wrote: – Edit household members
This is now available in LCR
cspinfo@telus.net

Post by cspinfo@telus.net »

Altho we used to be able to Edit the baptism & confirmation data of current members in MLS, that function now automatically re-directs to LCR which doesn't allow edits of existing records (only Recording of baptisms/confirmations for Members of Record). This inability to make necessary changes/edits to existing baptism/confirmation data is problematic. Any idea when this ability be added to LCR, or restored in MLS?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

cspinfo@telus.net wrote:Any idea when this ability be added to LCR, or restored in MLS?
What is your calling? This functionality is in LCR now, but is only available to the bishop, ward clerk and assistant ward clerk - membership.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

mfmohlma wrote:What is your calling? This functionality is in LCR now, but is only available to the bishop, ward clerk and assistant ward clerk - membership.
And Assistant Ward Clerk (the generic one without Finance in the name).

It may not be obvious how to do this in LCR. You need to find the record in LCR, click on the Ordinances tab and then click on the little pencil icon to the right of the Baptism ordinance. If you don't have rights to edit membership records then that icon probably won't be there. After clicking on the pencil it should show an expanded page with a section for both baptism and one for confirmation with an Edit link in the upper right of each section.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Suggest you include "Select a Role" for the "Access Table" for such things as who can "Edit Member Contact Information" ...
cspinfo@telus.net

Post by cspinfo@telus.net »

Sorry, never saw the reply to my post. I'm membership clerk in my ward. Altho the ability to edit Baptism/Confirmation data is now available in LCR for ward-level clerks (excluding finance, of course), the ability to edit Melchizedek Priesthood ordinations still is not. Consequently, ward-level clerks cannot edit mistakes in MP ordinations. Was this perhaps a deliberate omission in authorization in LCR, or simply an oversight?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”