MLS Out of Sync with Website, LDS Tools

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jdlundberg

MLS Out of Sync with Website, LDS Tools

Post by jdlundberg »

I was going through MLS trying to update callings, but the sister I was entering callings for wasn't showing up in our membership list. I specifically remembered requesting her records into our ward, so I looked in the Leader and Clerk Resources section of lds.org, and there she was on the list. She also shows up on LDSTools, just not in MLS itself. I've tried several times to send/receive changes, but she still isn't showing up in MLS. I've even tried requesting her records within MLS again, but the system won't allow it (the 'Next' button on the summary page is faded out). At this point, I have no idea what my next step(s) should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Out of Sync with Website, LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlundberg wrote:I was going through MLS trying to update callings, but the sister I was entering callings for wasn't showing up in our membership list. I specifically remembered requesting her records into our ward, so I looked in the Leader and Clerk Resources section of lds.org, and there she was on the list. She also shows up on LDSTools, just not in MLS itself. I've tried several times to send/receive changes, but she still isn't showing up in MLS. I've even tried requesting her records within MLS again, but the system won't allow it (the 'Next' button on the summary page is faded out). At this point, I have no idea what my next step(s) should be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A unit data refresh should bring MLS back into sync. After you request the refresh you have to do a send/receive, wait a few hours and then do another send/receive.
rjberry51

Post by rjberry51 »

Our MLS callings print out is quite different than LDS.org and LDS tools. Sometimes on the MLS print out there are 3 and 4 duplicate callings. LDS. org appears to be much better because we have been making all callings and changes there. LDS Tools is showing a few callings on members that don't show up on MLS or LDS.org. Anyone have any suggestions or have experienced similar issues?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

To fix MLS, a unit data refresh might do the trick (see above).
Have you synced LDS Tools recently? What kind of callings are showing up in LDS Tools but not online?
Is your stake on a beta version of Leader and Clerk Resources? (I think there's a bug with the Other Callings section on the LCR beta currently.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”