Where do I find the Clerk App?

GlennBlaylock

Where do I find the Clerk App?

Post by GlennBlaylock »

My Branch President showed me an app that I didn't know existed. It is an app specifically for leaders that seems to be called "Clerk" which allows for access to more of the branch's records than LDS Tools does. However, he couldn't remember just where it was that he got the app. I have checked the iTunes store and can't find it there. So, from where to I get the app?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Where do I find the Clerk App?

Post by aebrown »

GlennBlaylock wrote:My Branch President showed me an app that I didn't know existed. It is an app specifically for leaders that seems to be called "Clerk" which allows for access to more of the branch's records than LDS Tools does. However, he couldn't remember just where it was that he got the app. I have checked the iTunes store and can't find it there. So, from where to I get the app?
There is no such official app. The LDS Tools app will give you more features if you have a clerk calling than if you are a regular member, but that's still the same LDS Tools app.

Most apps have an About feature (typically on a Help menu) that tells who created the app. Ask your branch president to access the About feature on that app to figure out where it came from.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is this the app you're seeing (screenshot attached)? If so, it's actually just a pinned link or bookmark to the Leader and Clerk Resources website. If you go to Leader and Clerk Resources on your mobile device, you'll see a message that pops up inviting you to add the site to your home screen, with instructions. "Clerk" is the default name for the bookmark.
IMG_4447.jpg
(47.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
GlennBlaylock

Post by GlennBlaylock »

@aebrown,
Thanks for the help. I am fully aware of LDS tools and have been using it for years. I am also aware of the expanded capabilities that it has for leaders as opposed to regular members. I am constantly recommending to my various members that they get it. :)

@sbradshaw,

Yes, I do believe that that is what my Branch President showed me. Your answer also explains why I was not able to find the "App". Thanks for the help. :D

Return to “Mobile Applications”