Sister's father died

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
forresthickman

Sister's father died

Post by forresthickman »

i emailed SLC from MLS over a week ago for some advice, but no response.

my question is:

i have an adult / married Sister in my ward who's church records show her parents, but... her father has passed away and i don't know how to go about changing that on her records (he was a non-member).

thanks for any help
eblood66

Re: Sister's father died

Post by eblood66 »

I don't think there is any need to record the father's death since he is a non-member, at least not in MLS. There is no place to record that information. The only thing you could do is remove her father but that doesn't seem appropriate because he remains her father.

I'm not sure if any information about non-member parents is automatically transferred into Family Search. If it is, the member can go to her father's record in Family Search and enter the death date. If not, she can add her father to the Family Search database and enter his information including the death date.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:I don't think there is any need to record the father's death since he is a non-member, at least not in MLS.
I don't see a need either. Not on the membership side. He remains her father even after death, so his status is unchanged.

Anything recorded should be done in FamilySearch.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
forresthickman

Post by forresthickman »

thank you

Return to “Membership Help”