New Family Moved into the ward

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kbhuffaker

New Family Moved into the ward

Post by kbhuffaker »

Hi,

I have a couple new families that have moved into the ward. They both have young children. They tell me that their young children have been blessed. However, when I request their records I'm getting the message that the young children are not found in the records of the church. One of these families have been in the ward before and I'm pretty sure that their child's records where with them then but now they are not found. Can you help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using the father's name and birthday to pull the family records. Normally that works. In fact there is a third family that I just requested this same way and all the family was found and moved into our ward. But for these two young families with one young child it isn't working.

Thanks,

Karl
Last edited by russellhltn on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed spelling in title
jssmith88

Re: New Famey ily Moved into the ward

Post by jssmith88 »

It sounds like you're doing it the right way. Are the families sure that membership records were created for these children? It's possible that the record was never actually made after the blessing.
Something else you could try is using names and birthdates of the children to locate their records individually.
eblood66

Re: New Famey ily Moved into the ward

Post by eblood66 »

kbhuffaker wrote:I'm using the father's name and birthday to pull the family records. Normally that works.
Try searching for the children directly using their full names and birth dates. If for some reason their records were in a different household in the previous ward then you won't be able to get them using the fathers name and birth date.
kbhuffaker

Re: New Family Moved into the ward

Post by kbhuffaker »

Thanks. It must be that the records were never created because I've tried all you have suggested above.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: New Family Moved into the ward

Post by scgallafent »

Have you looked at the parents' records to see if the children are listed there? Using LCR, view one of the parents' records, click on the Household tab, and then look at the Family sub-tab. All children of the parents should be listed there. If the children are not listed there, they do not have a record (or the record was not properly linked to the parents' records when it was created).

Return to “Membership Help”