Relocating and Can't find contact information

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
tneher

Relocating and Can't find contact information

Post by tneher »

Hello! I am from Canada and will be moving to Austin Texas this year. I have been trying to find ways of contacting some of the bishops down there because currently I don't know which unit I will be moving into and I wanted to get some information from there. However, I have been having a really hard time finding anywhere that I could find phone numbers or email addresses. I know because I am not currently in those units, I don't have access to their ward directories. And currently I have only found the phone numbers to the actual meeting houses. Is there another way that I can get in touch with some of the leaders down there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Relocating and Can't find contact information

Post by russellhltn »

Have you tried using maps.lds.org? When you pick a location, it will show you the units that cover that area. In most cases, I think it will give you contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tneher

Post by tneher »

Yes I did. It only shows the address and phone number of the meeting house.
I am not sure how but earlier I was able to look at the bishops phone numbers but I dont have access to that page now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

themmi22 wrote:I am not sure how but earlier I was able to look at the bishops phone numbers but I dont have access to that page now.
Maybe you have to be logged in for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tneher

Post by tneher »

I am logged in. I tried being logged in and logged out. Didnt work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you can figure out the units, you can ask your current ward clerk to look up the bishop's number in the cdol.

tneher

Post by tneher »

That's the thing too, is that I don't know which unit I would be moving to. Not yet anyways.
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

You might not be able to see the bishops information because you are in a different country.

Are you trying to find what part of Austin to move to and that's why you can't figure out what bishop to look up with your ward clerk? Or do you have a specific address, but can't find the unit?

I do know that there was a ward split in northwest Austin a week or two ago, and not all of the changes are reflected online yet.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There are five stakes in the Austin area and suburbs. If you call the bishop in any of those stakes, he will tell you that he lives in the best stake. [smile]
tneher

Post by tneher »

haha of course he would. I don't know where I am going to live within Austin yet, so I thought contacting bishops would help. That's why I don't know which unit yet.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”