Adding member number to an established account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
eckler@hotmail.com

Adding member number to an established account

Post by eckler@hotmail.com »

I can't seem to add my member number to my lds dot org account. I have the correct member number but for some reason I do not have access to my ward info and other site features and the site wont accept my number when I try to add it to my account. Is there a number I can call to get someone in tech services to help me? Please advise.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Adding member number to an established account

Post by russellhltn »

Double-check with your ward clerk to make sure your MRN is right. What's written on your temple recommend could be wrong.

Try using a different browser or computer. There might be a setting in the one you're using that's causing problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

There are a couple of things you should try before you contact LDS Account support.

First, make sure to verify your membership number with your ward clerk. If you are using the number on your recommend it might have been written wrong. Also have him make sure your birth date is recorded correctly on your membership record.

Second, you might have created another account and you didn't realize it. Several other sites (familysearch.org being the main one) also use LDS Account but it isn't obvious. To search for another account, go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org and (without logging in) select the 'Forgot your username' link. Then use the Membership Record Number recovery option. That will show you if you have another account and let you recover it's password if needed.

If neither of those works you can use the Help link at the top of the page (at https://ldsaccount.lds.org). It will ask you to review the common questions and answers and the LDS Account forum but after indicating you've tried all those options there is a form for requesting additional help. Alternatively, you can ask your ward clerk to contact Local Unit Support on your behalf to help resolve the issue.
Jerrysmight

Post by Jerrysmight »

I want to add my record number to my lds account

Return to “Church Account”