I cannot get into my LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bettykester

I cannot get into my LDS Account

Post by bettykester »

I cannot get into my LDS Account - do not have an idea why. Please help.

Today is February 22, 2016
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed.
gregwanderson

Re: I cannot get into my LDS Account

Post by gregwanderson »

Don't you have to use your LDS Account in order to post things on this forum? So how can you post something here saying that you can't use your LDS Account? Perhaps you're having trouble using your LDS Account for something else?
SHBishop

Post by SHBishop »

Greetings from Malaysia. I am Elder Bishop of Bliss, serving in the Singapore Mission, stationed in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia. I was asked by the Kota Kinabalu District President to train his District and Branch Clerks. I started with the District Clerk. He had never been on LDS.Org but as soon as he tried he got thrown out for trying to create an account that already exists. We checked his membership number and birthdate on MLS and he was using the correct information. The system acts like someone has already used his name and number to create an account. How do I go about helping him get his own account under his control?

Elder Bishop
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

shbishop wrote:The system acts like someone has already used his name and number to create an account. How do I go about helping him get his own account under his control?
Use the "forgot your username" link. Select "MRN", fill in the MRN and Birth date.

Odds are he created an account for some other site and doesn't realize that works for lds.org. Common sites are familysearch, perpetual education, etc.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SHBishop

Post by SHBishop »

I came to the District Office with Bro. Bong and we followed the steps you advised. It worked until we reached the page where it said the information would be sent to the email address ae*****el@mail.com. He has never used an ';@mail.com' email address, only '@Yahoo'. It is interesting that the address is @mail. That sounds like some sort of special account. Most folks out here use a '@gmail' or '@Yahoo'.
There is no one in his family whose first name begins 'AE', or has the initial 'AE' or has a name that ends with 'EL'.
What now coach?
Elder Bishop
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

shbishop wrote:I came to the District Office with Bro. Bong and we followed the steps you advised. It worked until we reached the page where it said the information would be sent to the email address ae*****el@mail.com. He has never used an ';@mail.com' email address, only '@Yahoo'.
There is no one in his family whose first name begins 'AE', or has the initial 'AE' or has a name that ends with 'EL'.
Since you entered Brother Bong's MRN and birth date but were informed of a different email address he doesn't recognize, it's pretty clear that someone else has created an LDS Account using his MRN and has verified that email address. Although that's not common, it could happen.

The next step is to contact LDS Account support. They're the only ones who can change the email address associated with a verified account.
shbishop wrote:It is interesting that the address is @mail. That sounds like some sort of special account. Most folks out here use a '@gmail' or '@Yahoo'.
Although the mail.com domain is not as common as gmail, Yahoo, or some others, it is simply another provider of free email accounts. There's nothing special about it.
crlink

Post by crlink »

It is not accepting my name . it worked until yesterday why will it not work today.
crlink

Post by crlink »

I have been sign in for a long time why not now . What do i need to do.

Return to “Church Account”