LDS Tools not showing address

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jrmuir

LDS Tools not showing address

Post by jrmuir »

I have checked all my account settings and my address is on the ward directory but it is not showing in LDS Tools. How do I get my address to show? Thanks.
It shows if I login to LDS Tools, I have the latest version and my security settings are not restricting anything as far as I know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools not showing address

Post by russellhltn »

When you say LDS Tools, whose login is being used to sync it? Yours? Or is this is a device that belongs to someone else and they're not able to see it. (Silly question, have they done a sync since any changes in permissions?)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jrmuir

Post by jrmuir »

It is just my account and it syncs to my personal account on my phone. If i login, i can see my info but no one else can see my address.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrmuir wrote:It is just my account and it syncs to my personal account on my phone. If i login, i can see my info but no one else can see my address.
If you can see your address but other people can't, then it is almost certainly because your address is marked as "Private - Leadership Only". Change the visibility on your address to "Ward" or "Stake" and then other people in your ward or stake will be able to see it.

You can change the visibility of your address by using the Edit option, either from the Directory on LDS.org, or from the LDS Tools mobile app.
jrmuir

Post by jrmuir »

I have logged into my lds account and it shows that visibility is Stake already and it has been that way for a long time. I know, very strange.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to toggle your privacy setting to something else, exit and then come back and change it. Just a guess.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jrmuir

Post by jrmuir »

I will try, thanks.
jrmuir

Post by jrmuir »

if that doesn't do it, what is my next step, is there a phone number to call tech support or something?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The visibility setting in lds account appears to just be for the email address. If the problem is you address then you will need to change the visibility setting in lds.org directory
jrmuir

Post by jrmuir »

So yes it is just my address. I logged into my lds.org account and my Contact settings is set to Stake visibility. I didn't see another place to change any other setting. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Church Account”