Can't Assign Member A Calling

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
tygriffiths

Can't Assign Member A Calling

Post by tygriffiths »

I am trying to assign a member of my Elders quorum a calling as a district leader. His records are in the ward and show up in the directory and on LDS tools. I've even given him a home teaching assignment. But when I go to make him a district leader supervisor, it gives me this error: "Your search by name or MRN did not return any valid results, either because the information you entered is incorrect, or because the results are not allowed in this context. For someone serving from outside the ward or branch, please have a clerk add him or her as an out-of-unit member."

And then when I look at the list of Elders Quorum Members just below where I'm trying to assign him as a district leader his name is nowhere to be found. Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't Assign Member A Calling

Post by russellhltn »

Can you assign him a different calling? There might be restrictions on the calling you're trying to extend.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Has he been ordained an elder?

Is he assigned to the elders quorum? (Does he show up on a class roll?)
tygriffiths

Post by tygriffiths »

I can't assign him to other callings. He has served a mission, so I'm assuming he's been made an Elder. His name doesn't show up on the Elders quorum attendance roll.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have the ward clerk look at his membership record to see what organization/class/quorum he is a member. If not assigned to the elders quorum he can then make that assignment.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”