Only allowed to add events to certain calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tedkitch

Only allowed to add events to certain calendars

Post by tedkitch »

I am currently serving as the YM President in our Spanish branch. On occasion I help out the secretary with scheduling events on the calendar. Whenever I try to create an event I am always restricted to only the YM, Priests, Teachers or Deacons Quorum calendars. I cannot schedule an event that shows up on the main calendar and many members don't subscribe to the any of the YM calendars.

What do I need to do in order to create events on our branch calendar?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Only allowed to add events to certain calendars

Post by russellhltn »

tedkitch wrote:I cannot schedule an event that shows up on the main calendar and many members don't subscribe to the any of the YM calendars.
Is the event for the whole ward? If not, then I don't know why it should be on the "main" calendar. I'd imagine there's a number of members who are not and do not have YM, so they have no interest in YM events and do not wish to see them. The whole point of separate calendars is so the members can select the ones that apply to them. (As well as who can edit what events.)
tedkitch wrote:What do I need to do in order to create events on our branch calendar?
You need to discuss it with your ward leaders. They make all the decisions with regard to the calendars. They may elect to give you the ability to place the event on the main calendar, or they might give you a contact to have selected events placed on the main calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tedkitch

Post by tedkitch »

Thanks for the response.

Yes, the event is for the whole ward. I can understand the limitations if it were to only be a YM activity. I am in a small Spanish branch and our leaders don't seem to know what to do. Where would I go to change the calendar permissions? Basically what instructions can I give my leaders to correct this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest pointing them to Setting Up and Managing Ward Calendars. See the section on "Adding and Deleting Ward Calendar Editors"
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”