Language Selection

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Language Selection

Post by lajackson »

I needed a hymn in Spanish, which I obtained by selecting that language. Since there is no way to switch back to English (other than Canadian English, which then takes you to the Canadian Church website), I started adding "lang=eng" at the end of every URL.

As I travel now through LDS.org I find that all of the pages I added the specific language to the URL appear in English, but all other pages still display Spanish. How do I fix this? Is there some specific cookie that is not clearing?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Language Selection

Post by sbradshaw »

Try adding "?lang=eng&clang=eng" to the end of the URL – sometimes that helps. Clearing cookies may also help. I switch between languages frequently for various projects. Currently my LDS Account sign-in page is in Thai. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
laurelch

Post by laurelch »

I am having the English problem too! This is crazy to me that they don't have "United States" as a country selection for English... I'm stuck on Canada. Even when I have the lang=eng thing at the end, my country is still listed as Canada. I think I'll post a new forum just about that. I'll try clearing my cache first. Good luck with the Spanish!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

laurelch wrote:I am having the English problem too! This is crazy to me that they don't have "United States" as a country selection for English...
The Language setting has a country option and a language option. When selecting the English option select "Worldwide" for the country.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Main Church Website”