Home Teacher Responsible group change

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
showseason

Home Teacher Responsible group change

Post by showseason »

in LCR, Is there a way to move households from a EQ teaching responsibility to the HP and visa versa?

We have an 84 year old Elders being reactivated and the Bishop wants him to show under unassigned for high priests but he shows unassigned under EQ. Can that be changed? He does show up in the HP class roll.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Home Teacher Responsible group change

Post by aebrown »

showseason wrote:in LCR, Is there a way to move households from a EQ teaching responsibility to the HP and visa versa?
Yes. Simply assign the household to be home taught by a home teaching companionship that is assigned to the HP Group (or vice versa).
showseason wrote:We have an 84 year old Elders being reactivated and the Bishop wants him to show under unassigned for high priests but he shows unassigned under EQ. Can that be changed? He does show up in the HP class roll.
No. This question has been asked multiple times (see, for example, here or here, with a clear explanation from a Church employee here). As I noted in this post, the goal should always be to have home teachers assigned promptly (which can be done regardless of which unassigned list the household appears on). Although I can see how it could slightly help the HT assignment workflow in some wards if the responsible quorum for an unassigned household could be specified, it's far more important to actually assign home teachers; once that's done, the question of which quorum is responsible when the household is unassigned becomes moot.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

showseason wrote:in LCR, Is there a way to move households from a EQ teaching responsibility to the HP and visa versa?

We have an 84 year old Elders being reactivated and the Bishop wants him to show under unassigned for high priests but he shows unassigned under EQ. Can that be changed? He does show up in the HP class roll.
As I understand it, currently, no.

The default assignment for HT is the default and cannot be changed. It does not default to what classes they are assigned to. But that doesn't prevent them from being assigned a HT from the HP (it's a little trickier, it may have to be done from a different screen than the one you're using - but it can be done). But it does prevent him from showing up on the HP unassigned list since "unassigned" always goes back to the default.

I know the whole thing about the "wall" between EQ and HP is under review, but there's no details on how that might turn out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tjpete

Post by tjpete »

How is the following statement from your previous post accomplished. "But that doesn't prevent them from being assigned a HT from the HP (it's a little trickier, it may have to be done from a different screen than the one you're using - but it can be done)."

I am the Ward Clerk in our ward. We have a 90 year old and his wife assigned to the EQ. The home teaching assignment is needing to be fulfilled by the HP and I am cannot get the appropriate HT assigned. What should I do.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tjpete wrote:I am the Ward Clerk in our ward. We have a 90 year old and his wife assigned to the EQ. The home teaching assignment is needing to be fulfilled by the HP and I am cannot get the appropriate HT assigned. What should I do.
Go to the companionship that will fulfill the assignment, and add the family by name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
tjpete wrote:I am the Ward Clerk in our ward. We have a 90 year old and his wife assigned to the EQ. The home teaching assignment is needing to be fulfilled by the HP and I am cannot get the appropriate HT assigned. What should I do.
Go to the companionship that will fulfill the assignment, and add the family by name.
To clarify:
When a household is added to a companionship there are two methods to add the household. The first is what most people prefer to do and that is to select the household name from the drop-down list of unassigned households. This is not possible when the household is found in the other quorum's unassigned households list.

The second method is to manually type in the household name. This method allows the household to be assigned from the other quorum's unassigned households list to a companionship in your quorum. This also makes it possible to reassign an already assigned household from one companionship to another without first removing the household from the previous companionship.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”