How to give a nonmember a calling in LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
chadpetty

How to give a nonmember a calling in LCR

Post by chadpetty »

The handbook says that "People who are not members of the Church may be called to some positions" (Handbook 2, sec. 19.1.1). We have called a non-member to be the Young Women basketball coach, but are not able to enter her information into LCR. She is not a non-member spouse -- is there any way to get her name into LCR as our YW coach?
eblood66

Re: How to give a nonmember a calling in LCR

Post by eblood66 »

No, LCR does not support recording non-member callings. You can send feedback about that using the Feedback link on LCR. However, the ability to add non-member records was recently removed from MLS and it was never added to LCR for privacy reasons. It's quite possible that privacy laws and policies may prevent recording such callings even though it is allowed by the handbook.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It'd be nice if you could just put their name into a text box and save.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zenrook

Post by zenrook »

I second the request for the ability to add non-member records. I've been clerk for many years, and recall having ability to add a "temporary record", this gave us the ability to flesh out a household where we could see all of the non-members in a part-member home. It helped in terms of names, etc. I was looking for that capability today, and couldn't find it. I'm glad that @eblood66 mentioned that it was removed from MLS, so I didn't go crazy looking for it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zenrook wrote:I second the request for the ability to add non-member records.
Unfortunately what we discuss in these forums has no impact or bearing on the features or capabilities implemented in many of the online systems. In the case of Leader and Clerk Resources the Priesthood Department makes those decisions. There are two methods to pass our preferences. The first is to use the feedback link found at the bottom of the LCR page. The second is to pass these preferences up through your priesthood chain.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:
zenrook wrote:In the case of Leader and Clerk Resources the Priesthood Department makes those decisions.
In consultation with the legal department. I suspect privacy is a major reason why the ability to add non-members went away. But perhaps it could be brought back on a limited basis for those who hold callings as I'd imagine the legal/privacy issues would be quite different.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”