Address Not In Ward Boundary; MLS Says Address Is

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
danranmor

Address Not In Ward Boundary; MLS Says Address Is

Post by danranmor »

We have membership records for a family that is not in our ward boundary. The family lives on North Margaret. North Margaret is not in our ward boundary, but South Margaret is in our ward boundary. When I try to send the record to the appropriate ward, the program will not send the records out and tells me that this family lives in our ward. The family does not live close to the ward boundary. What do I do to move these records out of our ward and into the appropriate ward?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Address Not In Ward Boundary; MLS Says Address Is

Post by russellhltn »

I'd call Local Unit Support on Monday. It sounds like the some data needs to be updated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Is this MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources? I'm assuming Leader and Clerk Resources (MLS no longer allows transferring records).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
danranmor

Post by danranmor »

sbradshaw wrote:Is this MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources? I'm assuming Leader and Clerk Resources (MLS no longer allows transferring records).
I was using my personal computer and was logged into the church web site under the clerk leadership resources and under moving records out when this problem arose.
danranmor

Post by danranmor »

russellhltn wrote:I'd call Local Unit Support on Monday. It sounds like the some data needs to be updated.
Do you have the Local Unit Support phone number or how I can locate the number?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danranmor

Post by danranmor »

sbradshaw wrote:Is this MLS or Leader and Clerk Resources? I'm assuming Leader and Clerk Resources (MLS no longer allows transferring records).
"This is Leader and Clerk Resources."

Return to “Membership Help”