HP Secretary is blocked from accessing LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
letter4ben

HP Secretary is blocked from accessing LCR

Post by letter4ben »

I am the ward clerk, and I have loved the access that LCR has granted to the various auxiliary leaders. Recently a new HP Secretary was called. The prior secretary had not been doing his job so the HT records and assignments are way off. He came to me a couple of weeks after he was called and asked for help getting logged in. He can log into lds.org just fine but overtime we try to log into LCR it keeps saying access denied because he doesn't have permissions to use its resources. I have checked that his calling is not a custom calling. I have checked that permissions are open on MLS. I am not sure where else to look. It seems like the system is not registering that he is in that position. Any thoughts?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: HP Secretary is blocked from accessing LCR

Post by kisaac »

Of course, "permissions" in MLS will have no effect in LCR, as authority is granted for LCR by the calling you have (based on the Handbook) It's possible someone here (not me) can look up your ward and see if the calling is correct
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure the MRN for the person who holds the calling and the MRN on the LDS Account he's using matches. His account may not be set up right or he may be using someone else's MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

How is he getting to Leader and Clerk Resources – is he clicking a link/bookmark?
He may have been sent a link to a specific page on Leader and Clerk Resources that he doesn't have access to, but another leader does. Make sure he's going to the main page of Leader and Clerk Resources – for example, by using the My Account and Ward menu at the top of LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
levispringer911

Post by levispringer911 »

I am having the same issue with my Elders Quorum Secretary. The calling is set up correctly and everything looks great but we cannot get him access to LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Checklist:
  • The calling must be recorded as a standard position (not custom). Check the font color in CDOL - if it's orange, it's custom.
  • The MRN of the LDS Account being used to access LCR must match the MRN of the person given the calling. (There are number of ways this can go wrong)
  • You have to wait for the computers to hold their semi-daily correlation meeting. (Wait about 24 hours)
  • Verify how the user is trying to access LCR. They might be doing it wrong.
  • Have them try on a different machine. Something may be wrong with thiers.
Off hand, I can't think of a single case that it wasn't one of the above.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”