Multiple classes of a Primary course

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
BroHawkins

Multiple classes of a Primary course

Post by BroHawkins »

Among the classes in our ward's Primary there are the following three:

Class 1: A class that combines children of Valiant 10 and Valiant 11 ages, taught by two teachers.

Class 2: A class that combines children of Valiant 8 and Valiant 9 ages, taught by two teachers.

Class 3: A class that combines children of Valiant 9, Valiant 10, and Valiant 11 ages, taught by two teachers.

I'm trying to add Class 3 to LCR and the two teachers who have been called to teach that class. But I don't see any way in LCR to create an extra class of a course (two Valiant 8 classes, for example), let alone the above-described scenario. Can it be done? If so, how?
Last edited by BroHawkins on Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Multiple classes of a Primary course

Post by scgallafent »

You won't be able to accomplish that. You would need to split Valiant 10 and 11 and then combine one class of each split with one class of the other split. LCR won't let you do that -- your only option when combining the split is to combine it with the other class of the same type.

You could get the rolls sort of working by combining two classes (to get the four classes down to three classes) and then manually assigning children to each class. You won't be able to change class names, so someone will have to keep track of which class is which. (Valiant 8 = Valiant 8 + 9, Valiant 9 = Valiant 9 + 10 + 11, Valiant 10 + 11 = Valiant 10 + 11 or something similar.)
BroHawkins

Post by BroHawkins »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to implement your suggestion, by uncombining the combined Valiant 8 + 9 course, so that I would have three courses (Valiant 8, Valiant 9, and Valiant 10 + 11). When I did so, the teachers of the combined Valiant 8 + 9 course showed up as teachers of the Valiant 9 course, with no teachers for the Valiant 8 course. I wanted those teachers in the Valiant 8 course, so I moved them from Valiant 9 to Valiant 8. So far, so good. But then I noticed that there is no longer a Valiant 9 course listed at all! And I don't see any way to add a course. Problem not solved yet.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I now see "Valiant 8", "Valiant 9", and "Valiant 10, Valiant 11" courses. Things may have gotten confused and needed a page reload to request from data from the server.
BroHawkins

Post by BroHawkins »

You're right: Valiant 9 now appears. Thanks. Problem now solved (at least within the current limitations of LCR's capabilities).

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”