What if I do not have a mobil phone

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
hcarterg

What if I do not have a mobil phone

Post by hcarterg »

What if I do not have a mobil phone?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: What if I do not have a mobil phone

Post by kisaac »

You posted under LDS account. Of course, you can still access many church resources that use your LDS account from any desktop, laptop or tablet, as well as a mobile phone.

LDS.org (with the directory, calendar, donations, etc)
gospel Library
FamilySearch.org. Make sure you learn how to print out ordinance requests.
FamilySearch indexing,
and many others....

Did you have another question?
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think the issue is that a mobile phone is used as part of the setup/authentication process.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

russellhltn wrote:I think the issue is that a mobile phone is used as part of the setup/authentication process.
;)
hcarterg wrote:What if I do not have a mobil phone?
hcarterg,

Welcome to the forum and your first post!

You've likely already figured this out:
But if not...here is your options for verification on your lds account (compliments of Support!)
If they don’t have a cell phone available for verification, they must use an email address. They do not need to use both, just one or the other. If they don’t already have an email, they will need to just create an email at a domain of their choice.
Of course, I'm sure you have ward members (maybe a clerk?) who can help you get registered properly, or even use their computers or tablets to do so, and there are many FREE email's you can sign up for....
get your email in advance, of course!

[update: Another Tech suggested this: "an email address is the preferred method to verify an account and a text message is the alternative. So, an email address is the preferred option."]
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!

Return to “Church Account”