Contacting Facilities Management About Buildings

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ASpaugh

Contacting Facilities Management About Buildings

Post by ASpaugh »

Our Stake boundaries were recently changed and a new Stake created. However, one of the buildings in our Stake was moved to the new Stake and for some reason our Stake still has control over it. I've been in contact with two High Councilman over facilities to get this changed, but none of us know the appropriate person/office to contact. I'm assuming it's someone in Salt Lake? If anyone could guide me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. Thank you!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Re: Contacting Facilities Management About Buildings

Post by kisaac »

ASpaugh wrote:Our Stake boundaries were recently changed....
You say you "still have control of it?" Is this in the calendar system?
Contact your stake FM Group to start...

The calendar help says:
Buildings are automatically added to the Calendar Program within 30 days after a Stake is created, realigned, or when a new building is put into use. If the correct Locations have not appeared after 30 days, (or to speed up the process) contact the Facilities Management Group.
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

Yes, it's in the calendar system and the changes happened months ago. How do I find my facilities management group contact information?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ASpaugh wrote:Yes, it's in the calendar system and the changes happened months ago. How do I find my facilities management group contact information?
One of the high councilors is designated as the Physical Facilities Representative (PFR). He is your stake's main contact with the FM group.

If your stake has entered callings and assignments properly, you can go to the Directory on LDS.org, then choose "Stake Information" from the ward selector on the left, then choose "Stake Leaders and Organizations", then "Other Callings". The "Stake Physical Facilities Representative" would then be listed on the right.
ASpaugh

Post by ASpaugh »

I've already contacted him. He has no idea how to contact the FM Group.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ASpaugh wrote:I've already contacted him. He has no idea how to contact the FM Group.
That's almost inconceivable (in a Princess Bride kind of way). The stake must have contact with the FM Group, and the PFR should be the primary contact. But if the PFR doesn't know, then I would think that the stake president or one of his counselors knows. Or perhaps the stake clerk. In any case, the stake clerk or stake executive secretary could look in CDOL to see the associated organizations for the stake, and the FM group with its contact information should be listed there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ASpaugh wrote:I've already contacted him. He has no idea how to contact the FM Group.
That is seriously dysfunctional. I can only hope he knows them by a different name.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

I'm sure they know! The FM group is the entity that maintains all your stake buildings: insures you have cleaning supplies, buys your major equipment and building furniture, schedules repairs, arranges to have the snow plowed in the parking lot and the lawns mowed! Who is THAT person? They are the FM group!

[update: its the guy/gal you call when the AC stops working in the summer! Oh yea! Everyone knows THAT person...]
"A soft answer turneth away wrath" works great on LDSTech forum boards!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Personally, I don't think it's too unusual that a Physical Facilities Representative doesn't know who to contact – especially if he was called recently or if he's never had a reason to contact them. Contact information for the FM group really should be listed in Leader and Clerk Resources or somewhere similarly accessible.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
kak4topgun

Post by kak4topgun »

Recently called as Stake Building Representative. Finding it hard to understand why things like damaged floors are hard to get repaired and obsolete equipment replaced when in the General Handbook under Purpose 35.1 "Church meetinghouses are sacred resources that should be used to help God’s children draw closer to Christ. Welcoming people to join us for activities at meetinghouses and using our meetinghouses to bless our communities are ways to “let [our] light so shine before men, that they may see [our] good works, and glorify [our] Father which is in heaven”.

Return to “Calendar”