Neighboring Stakes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Hagothsen

Neighboring Stakes

Post by Hagothsen »

Greetings all,

I'm the Stake STS, and I also administer the calendars for the Stake and the buildings in our stake. I am listed as the building scheduler for all of the buildings "owned" by our stake.

Building 1, has two ward from a neighboring stake, but is "owned" by our stake.
Building 2, has two wards from our stake, but is "owned" by another stake.
Building 3, has one ward from our stake, but is "owned" by another stake.
Building 4, our stake center, has no issue
Building 5, another building in our stake, with no issue

I've been asked to schedule something in Building 1, but, since I don't see anything in the calendar for wards outside of my stake in buildings 1,2 and 3, I'm hesitant to schedule anything in Building 1.

Question: Am I supposed to see events and schedules for wards outside of my stake, as the building scheduler for a given building? I suspect the answer is no, since the only other possibility would be - none of the wards, in two neighboring stakes, use the calendar. Is there a way to see the events scheduled by other stakes, for the building "owned" in our stake?

I use quotes for "owned" since the buildings are actually owned by the Presiding Bishopric.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Neighboring Stakes

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming no one has made duplicate locations, you should be good. For the buildings owned by your stake, you might want to make sure the other stake is added to it so they can see it. Likewise, for locations not owned by your stake, make sure they're not a duplicate that's been created. You should find that you can't go in and make yourself a Building Scheduler for them.

Any member should be able to see all events on the Location calendar. They may not see details for things outside their stake, but they should see that there is an event and what rooms are occupied.

Just as a side note, the calendar system is designed for each unit to do their own scheduling using their own calendar and selecting the location. Centralized scheduling doesn't at all well. So if you've been asked to schedule a stake event, you should be fine since you have the ability to add it to the appropriate stake calendar. If it's a ward event, not so much, since you probably don't have rights to add it to the ward calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”