membership record invalid

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Kaidinmcewan99

membership record invalid

Post by Kaidinmcewan99 »

I am trying to sign in to missionary application but I need to sync my membership number to my account and the system isn't letting me. It says the MRN is wrong or account already exists. How can I relsove this?
eblood66

Re: membership record invalid

Post by eblood66 »

First, check with your ward clerk to verify that you have the correct membership number and to make sure your birthdate is recorded correctly on your record.

If that checks out then use the 'Forgot your username?' link before logging in at https://ldsaccount.lds.org and use the Membership Record Number option to look for another account for your MRN. There are several sites (FamilySearch, mormon.org) that all use LDS Account for login. You may have created an account for one of those other accounts and forgotten about it. The 'Forgot your username?" option will help you find and recover the other account so you can use it for your missionary application.
fdiaz

Post by fdiaz »

hello, my son is trying to pay his tithing when I try to create his account, it says that his records do not match. I have pulled that info from the LDS tools app.
is that correct?

please advise.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Get a copy of your son's Individual Ordinance Summary (IOS) from your ward clerk. Use the information from that report to create a Church Account. While the MRN found in Member Tools is accurate there may be some other information you may be providing that may not match what is in his record. I would recommend making sure the information in his record is correct before creating a Church Account.

Another issue may be that there is a Church Account that was previously created that you may have forgotten about. Talk to your ward clerk as your first level of support. If he cannot resolve the matter then he can get you the Global Service Department (GSD) telephone number for you to call. Have his MRN from his IOS ready when you call since they will ask for it for confirmation.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fdiaz wrote:hello, my son is trying to pay his tithing when I try to create his account, it says that his records do not match. I have pulled that info from the LDS tools app.
Odds are he already has an account that's associated with the MRN. Perhaps created to do FamilySearch or Seminary.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”