Need Ideas for access to LCR

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
dhollowell

Need Ideas for access to LCR

Post by dhollowell »

Hello,

I am currently serving as the Assistant Ward Mission Leader in my ward. My bishop has asked me to take on some responsibilities that require access to LCR to update the High Priests and Elders Quorum home teaching. In reviewing the LCR access table, the Ward Mission Leader has LCR access, but not the Assistant Ward Mission Leader. Additionally, the High Priests Group Leader, his Assistants and Secretary have access, but I don't see where an Assistant Secretary would have access. With that in mind, does anyone have any ideas or know a work around whereby I could get access to LCR to perform the home teaching updates that my bishop has assigned me?? I know there are some creative folks on this forum (clearly, not me!!), so let's hear your ideas.

Thank you!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Need Ideas for access to LCR

Post by russellhltn »

I find it unusual that someone in the Mission calling would be assigned to update HT.

I think the best plan is with the stake's OK, to call you to an assistant ward clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhollowell

Post by dhollowell »

Russellhltn,

Thank you for your input. After reviewing the LCR access table, adding me as an assistant ward clerk looked like one of the better options. Let's see if bishop wants to take that route.

Regarding your comment about an Asst. WML updating HT, I was released as the HPGL in December and I have knowledge/experience that our bishop wants to utilize, without creating work for the new HP leadership. If only an Assistant Secretary in the HPGL had LCR access, life would be perfect!! LOL.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

dhollowell wrote:If only an Assistant Secretary in the HPGL had LCR access, life would be perfect!! LOL.
You sure they don't? I wouldn't expect them to have access to update EQ HT, but HPG HT seems reasonable. Note that permissions can take a day or so. So if you just got called today, your permissions might not have kicked in yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dhollowell

Post by dhollowell »

russellhltn wrote:
dhollowell wrote:If only an Assistant Secretary in the HPGL had LCR access, life would be perfect!! LOL.
You sure they don't? I wouldn't expect them to have access to update EQ HT, but HPG HT seems reasonable. Note that permissions can take a day or so. So if you just got called today, your permissions might not have kicked in yet.
Actually, I don't know. The LCR access table says HPGL, his Assistants and Secretary. I suppose I made the leap that a Ward Mission Leader has LCR access, but not an Assistant WML, so a HP Secretary has access, but not an Assistant HP Secretary. But we should try it since it would be easier than asking the stake to approve calling me as an Asst. Ward Clerk, just for LCR access. Thanks for the suggestion.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dhollowell wrote: Actually, I don't know. The LCR access table says HPGL, his Assistants and Secretary. I suppose I made the leap that a Ward Mission Leader has LCR access, but not an Assistant WML, so a HP Secretary has access, but not an Assistant HP Secretary. But we should try it since it would be easier than asking the stake to approve calling me as an Asst. Ward Clerk, just for LCR access. Thanks for the suggestion.
At this point Assistant WML is not a standard calling, so it can't have rights anywhere.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I believe that the standard calling of High Priests Group Assistant Secretary has the same access in Leader and Clerk Resources as the High Priests Group Secretary. However, note that access is not all-or-nothing – that is, the calling has rights to administer the home teaching tools within the high priests group, but is not able to edit any home teaching information in the elders quorum. The same for an Elders Quorum Secretary or Elders Quorum Assistant Secretary – they would be able to edit elders quorum home teaching but not high priests'.

If Ward Assistant Mission Leader were a standard CDOL calling (it is referenced in the Handbook, but it's not considered a "standard" calling currently) it would likely be given access to the same tools as the Ward Mission Leader – which does not include the home teaching tools.

Ward Assistant Clerk or Ward Assistant Clerk—Membership are the only callings besides Bishop, Ward Clerk, and maybe Bishopric Counselor and Executive Secretary, that have access to edit both elders quorum and high priests' home teaching, if that's your goal.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:At this point Assistant WML is not a standard calling, so it can't have rights anywhere.
Interesting. Handbook 2: 5.1.3 says "A Melchizedek Priesthood holder may be called as an assistant ward mission leader." Since it's in the Handbook, I'm surprised it's not a standard calling.

sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:At this point Assistant WML is not a standard calling, so it can't have rights anywhere.
Interesting. Handbook 2: 5.1.3 says "A Melchizedek Priesthood holder may be called as an assistant ward mission leader." Since it's in the Handbook, I'm surprised it's not a standard calling.
It was planned to be added in mid-2015, along with some "controversial" changes for family history :) – see this thread – but for whatever reason it never happened.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
I have everything ready I need to add it as a standard position, but I'm waiting until LCR has given it rights, so that we don't end up with this kind of "why don't I have rights?" question :)

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”