Member Records Move Automatically after Boundary Change?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
iwatanoiwa

Member Records Move Automatically after Boundary Change?

Post by iwatanoiwa »

Question: when a ward boundary change occurs, do the records move automatically or does a clerk have to push or pull the records manually?
eblood66

Re: Member Records Move Automatically after Boundary Change?

Post by eblood66 »

A clerk in the ward with the records has to move them to the new ward. There is a special boundary realignment function in LCR which can be used to move all the households in a single operation.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

eblood66 wrote:There is a special boundary realignment function in LCR which can be used to move all the households in a single operation.
This tool preserves the address and other contact information that would normally be lost or have to be re-entered when doing a normal move.

The worst thing that could be done is do a normal move out to the new ward leaving the address blank. The receiving ward gets a bunch of records with no addresses.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
iwatanoiwa

Post by iwatanoiwa »

Can you tell me the menu where the boundary realignment tool is under?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

iwatanoiwa wrote:Can you tell me the menu where the boundary realignment tool is under?
Membership > Records > Move Records after Boundary Realignment

The changes have to be made by a ward clerk. You will need to work with your ward clerks to make the changes.
falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

scgallafent wrote:The changes have to be made by a ward clerk. You will need to work with your ward clerks to make the changes.
Does it have to be a ward clerk, or can an assistant do it, or even a member of a bishopric?

I have a very unresponsive ward clerk and the new ward in anxious to get moving.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

falcon771 wrote:
scgallafent wrote:The changes have to be made by a ward clerk. You will need to work with your ward clerks to make the changes.
Does it have to be a ward clerk, or can an assistant do it, or even a member of a bishopric?

I have a very unresponsive ward clerk and the new ward in anxious to get moving.
It has to be someone who can move records: Bishop, Ward Clerk, Ward Assistant Clerk, or Ward Assistant Clerk--Membership.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

This is a process I always micro-managed as a Stake Clerk.. as well as Budget, Ward Missionary, and other Accounts.... sue me, it got done!
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
falcon771

Post by falcon771 »

johnshaw wrote:This is a process I always micro-managed as a Stake Clerk.. as well as Budget, Ward Missionary, and other Accounts.... sue me, it got done!
Nothing wrong with that. When you have unresponsive ward clerks, and new bishops who don't really know what to do, it can be frustrating.
chris2crawford

Post by chris2crawford »

How do I move the records of a missionary to the new ward after a boundary realignment? I am in the missionary family's new ward.

Return to “Membership Help”