Does the Xerox printer store print jobs

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
dougj

Does the Xerox printer store print jobs

Post by dougj »

I know the Xerox printer in the library will store a record of print jobs but does it store the actual data from the print job. This question came up as a security concern from a bishopric member who had printed confidential information. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Does the Xerox printer store print jobs

Post by russellhltn »

I'd read the instruction manual for that model to see if the job can be retrieved. If it has a hard drive, it will need to be scrubbed before disposal.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dougj

Post by dougj »

We also want to prevent others from re-printing any stored jobs while the machine is in service.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Every model is different. I'd read the manual.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”