Out-of-Unit Records and Households

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tylerlybb

Out-of-Unit Records and Households

Post by tylerlybb »

We have a couple that moves to a second home for 4 months of the year. Their records move with them. However, I created out-of-unit records for them so they would continue to appear in our ward directory. Two questions:

1- I had to create a separate out-of-unit record for each of them and they don't show up as a household - they appear as two separate members. Yet when I try and add the wife as a household member of the husband, it tells me she is already a member of the household. Is there something I need to do to make them show up as a household, assuming that is even possible with out-of-unit records.

2- Is there a way to get them to show up in the ward directory? (They don't now.) If possible, I'd like to have them show up as a typical household.

Thanks,
Tyler
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out-of-Unit Records and Households

Post by russellhltn »

Another issue you'll soon discover - you can't assign them HT/VT. Nor can you use them as teachers.

All in all, you might be better off requesting the records instead of using out-of-unit records.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”