Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers in MLS

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
smwatkins

Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers in MLS

Post by smwatkins »

According to the Release Notes of the new update of MLS 3.8.2 (https://www.lds.org/help/support/mls-re ... s?lang=eng), MLS now "Resolved an issue where old home and visiting teaching data was showing on some report".

We have a custom report that pulls up the Part Member families in our unit, and then list their Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers. But now that our unit has upgrated to MLS 3.8.2, we can't even run that report anymore and can't even access Home Teachers or Visiting Teachers at all.
I know LCR is used to input Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers now, but LCR doesn't appear to have any way to add it to other reports, like Part Member Families, but rather just list all the home teachers and visiting teachers.

Is there any way to get the home teacher and visiting teacher data from LCR so we can still use our custom report in MLS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers in MLS

Post by russellhltn »

No. None of the data from LCR syncs back to MLS. MLS only had the old, outdated information. I can only assume that was because the long-term plan is for MLS to go away - so no point in expending a lot of effort to bring information back to a program that's going out the door.

Since MLS doesn't have the information, it can't create that report.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
smwatkins

Post by smwatkins »

So what are my options? Hope that LCR one day lets us make custom reports, or give up the idea of using Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers information in custom reports?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

smwatkins wrote:So what are my options? Hope that LCR one day lets us make custom reports, or give up the idea of using Home Teachers and Visiting Teachers information in custom reports?
A mix of both.

I think you can still use MLS to list part-member families. You just won't be able to get HT/VT info in that report, but it is available elsewhere.

You might want to check what's available to you via LDS Tools. I know there's some features there for leaders. I'm not fully up to date on that.

You can also submit feedback via LCR about what you need. That may spur the creation of that report or bringing the custom reports feature to LCR.

At this time, I think that's the limit of the options available to you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cicibud

Post by cicibud »

How do I print out a blank visiting teaching report and change the months?
benjietaylor

Post by benjietaylor »

I am a high councilor in our stake assigned to missionary work. We have created a custom report that provides us the information requested on the New and Returning Member Progress Report. This information includes the Home and Visiting teachers assigned to the new converts of the stake. We review this report each month as part of our stake mission coordination meeting, as well as in high council meetings. We can no longer get the information to track the status of HT and VT assignments for new members. Based on this discussion it does not sound like there is anything that we can do to continue to review the proper information. There are no plans to link LCR with MLS?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

benjietaylor wrote:There are no plans to link LCR with MLS?
No, there are no plans for the HT/VT information in LCR to flow back to MLS. Eventually MLS will be eliminated entirely in favor of LCR. Nothing has been announced but it's possible that custom reporting may be added to LCR before that time. But until and unless that happens, there is no way of including HT/VT information in custom reports.
les.w.powrie

Post by les.w.powrie »

I am trying to view home teaching for the past 12 months but cannot find it. How do I do that? It is no longer in MLS where I could view 12 months, or in Custom Reports create a report of 12 months visits.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

les.w.powrie wrote:I am trying to view home teaching for the past 12 months but cannot find it.
Home teaching is no longer in MLS. It is in LCR. Under Organizations > Home and Visiting Teaching, you may view the record of visits for the last 12 months by using the household tab and selecting the household you wish to view.
rbl000

Post by rbl000 »

Is it possible to get a 12-month report for an entire Home Teaching District, showing all families to be visited by the Home Teachers in the district? Essentially a drill-down of the 'Statistics by Month' within the Elders Quorum, for example. Is this possible in any way? If not currently, how does one make a request or suggestion for that as an enhancement?

Return to “Reports and Forms”