New Member Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
benfrankyc

New Member Report

Post by benfrankyc »

First, I love the developments on LCR. For example, being able to easily view assigned home and visiting teachers is nothing short of amazing. Thanks to all those who have been working to make this tool so helpful.

Here's my situation. I'm the Ward Mission Leader (WML), and we have about 20 new members per year in our ward. (20 in 2015, 22 in 2014, etc.) With so many new members, it can be difficult keeping track of all their progress. The New Member Report in LCR has great potential, but it only has four columns (name, age, gender, responsibility).

Is there any way to customize the New Member Report? If not, is there any way that it could include more information, preferably the information (or at least some of the information) included on the New & Returning Member Progress Form? For example, it would be really nice if the New Member Report also included phone number, address, home teachers, and visiting teachers. Ideally, it would also include baptismal date, confirmation date, Aaronic Priesthood ordination date, Melchizedek Priesthood ordination date, and endowment date.

I realize some of that information is confidential, but access to that report is restricted. Any thoughts?

I'm also not sure how all the data is integrated, but in my dream world it would also record the date that all the new member lessons were completed, which can be pulled from the Progress Record.

Thanks for letting me dream for a minute. All these adjustments would make it easier to keep track of so many new members.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New Member Report

Post by jdlessley »

benfrankyc wrote:Is there any way to customize the New Member Report? If not, is there any way that it could include more information, preferably the information (or at least some of the information) included on the New & Returning Member Progress Form?
I am not aware of two separate forms. The only form I know of on LCR is the New and Returning Member Progress report. As the name states it is for both new members and for returning members. Could you tell us where you are finding the New Member Report you reference.?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:
benfrankyc wrote:Is there any way to customize the New Member Report? If not, is there any way that it could include more information, preferably the information (or at least some of the information) included on the New & Returning Member Progress Form?
I am not aware of two separate forms. The only form I know of on LCR is the New and Returning Member Progress report. As the name states it is for both new members and for returning members. Could you tell us where you are finding the New Member Report you reference.?
New Member report is found under Reports>Reports.
New & Returning Member Progress form under Reports>Forms.
jonpug

Post by jonpug »

It would be great if LCR could save information entered onto New and Returning Member form and/or auto-populate all of the information LCR already knows about a person - dates of ordinances, home teachers, etc. It would also be great if all were listed together on a page like the Progress Record that is viewable from the Missionary Area Book. The ward and ward mission leader need to have access to maintaining their "own" digital area book as outlined in Preach My Gospel and several trainings.

In our ward we made a spreadsheet with all the people on a list together with new converts, returning less-active members, part-member families, and prospective Elders that we are working with. It has columns for each event on the New and Returning Member Progress form and lessons taught and space for notes.

It would be awesome if this was built into LCR!!
ParleyH

Post by ParleyH »

If a Ward Clerk pulls up a New Member Report or a New and Returning Member Progress Report in LCR does all of the recorded information populate in the related fields? For instance, as a Ward Mission Leader, I can get name, age, phone number, and address but cannot get baptism or confirmation dates. I have to go to the clerk for those details. I like being able to get a list of who the new members are but a list of names barely scratches the surface of the information that I need to effectively carry out my calling. Occasionally, new members move into a Ward having been baptized somewhere else. Without a baptismal date, all I know is that it happened within the last 12-24 months. Since I have to go to the Ward Clerk for the information, I was wondering if he could just pull up the same reports with all pertinent info already on them? That would save me having to transfer the info into a blank form from a report generated by the Clerk.
pacez

Post by pacez »

We are trying to figure out what the New and Returning Member Progress Report can and cannot do. I thought it was saving the information that was input and that the Ward Mission Leader and Bishopric could both update and view the information in that report. However it looks like it has wiped out everything we had posted there. Now when I pull up a new member it is like a mostly blank form again. Is this meant only to be printed or should we be able to save information to the New and Returning Member Progress Report for others to see? If not then this would be a very important feature that would be very useful. Thanks.
jasonsalden

Post by jasonsalden »

I agree with the last few posts. It would be real nice to have the New and Returning Member Progress Report available as an updatable record and available online. It never fails that a new member lesson is taught or a 1 month, 6 month or 1 year milestone is completed and no one has the report to update it. Just my wish list. Thanks.
mikeba

Post by mikeba »

jonpug wrote:It would be great if LCR could save information entered onto New and Returning Member form and/or auto-populate all of the information LCR already knows about a person - dates of ordinances, home teachers, etc. It would also be great if all were listed together on a page like the Progress Record that is viewable from the Missionary Area Book. The ward and ward mission leader need to have access to maintaining their "own" digital area book as outlined in Preach My Gospel and several trainings.
This is probably the #1 inquiry from our leaders that use the New and Returning Member Progress form is why the system doesn't populate known information. Additionally, [we] hope the ability to record/report via online is a future feature that should strongly be considered

New and Returning Member Progress
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/form/new-re ... r?lang=eng
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

mikeba wrote:
jonpug wrote:It would be great if LCR could save information entered onto New and Returning Member form and/or auto-populate all of the information LCR already knows about a person - dates of ordinances, home teachers, etc. It would also be great if all were listed together on a page like the Progress Record that is viewable from the Missionary Area Book. The ward and ward mission leader need to have access to maintaining their "own" digital area book as outlined in Preach My Gospel and several trainings.
This is probably the #1 inquiry from our leaders that use the New and Returning Member Progress form is why the system doesn't populate known information. Additionally, [we] hope the ability to record/report via online is a future feature that should strongly be considered
To help you understand why "known" information isn't populating:
Certain data has limited visibility. The most common issue for this report is the baptism date. That date is only visible to certain callings. I am currently serving as a counselor to a bishop and cannot see baptism dates. As a result, I don't see baptism dates on this report.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scgallafent wrote:To help you understand why "known" information isn't populating:
Certain data has limited visibility.
Ok, that's understandable. But what about a check mark to indicate it's been done? If someone has access to the report, it seems odd they're not allowed to know the status. Or perhaps gray out/change the report to show that detail is not their concern?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”