My January donations have not been posted to my account.

Discussions about the Online Donation system.
LJENSEND

My January donations have not been posted to my account.

Post by LJENSEND »

I submitted my January tithing and fast offering donation during the first week of January and it has not been posted to my account nor is it reflected in my bank statement. Please respond.
eblood66

Re: My January donations have not been posted to my account.

Post by eblood66 »

If you donated online you should have received an email confirmation about the submission. If you didn't get that then the request didn't go through and you should submit it again. If you received the initial confirmation but never received an email indicating the donation had been processed then something must have gone wrong during processing. If there isn't an error message online then you'll want to ask your ward clerk to call local unit support on your behalf and find out what happened.

If you made the donation directly to your ward then you need to contact your ward clerk to find out what happened.
teinesina

Post by teinesina »

After reviewing my bank statements, my donation also did not post to my account. I received a "donation submitted" email and also a "donation recorded" email, however nothing was ever taken out of my account. Online it is saying "completed", but still does not reflect on my bank statement. Now I'm confused and I hope I didn't enter another persons account number. Is that even possible? Please help me. I need to know what I can do to fix this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

teinesina wrote:Now I'm confused and I hope I didn't enter another persons account number. Is that even possible?
Generally, I believe account numbers have a "check digit" that makes it unlikely (but not impossible) to enter someone else's account number.

I had a similar situation, but it turned out I grabbed the wrong checkbook and it pulled from an account I wasn't expecting.

teinesina wrote:Please help me. I need to know what I can do to fix this.
As far as we've been told, you'll need to go though your ward clerk/finance clerk to get support. I don't know of any numbers or contact information available to the members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
teinesina

Post by teinesina »

Thank you so much for reply. =)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

teinesina wrote:After reviewing my bank statements, my donation also did not post to my account. I received a "donation submitted" email and also a "donation recorded" email, however nothing was ever taken out of my account. Online it is saying "completed", but still does not reflect on my bank statement.
All of those emails happen before the Church even sends the request to the bank for the money. If you made the donation on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday (a banking holiday), you will have received emails saying that everything is complete. But the Church will probably send the request to the bank today (Tuesday), and you will probably see it come out of your account on Wednesday or Thursday.

It's a little different than what I am used to, but that's the way the Church does it.

Return to “Online Donations”